For exteriors or interiors, today we want to remind you why the use of granite is the best choice for your project in 8 key points:
Of natural origin, its only transformation is the cut for the sizing of the pieces and the machining to give the desired surface finish.
The granite, also tells us the history of its formation millions of years ago, that is, a piece of Earth’s history.
With the appropriate design and finish, this natural material is perfectly integrated in any environment, external or internal.
Precisely because of its natural origin, its formation process and composition, we cannot find two pieces exactly the same. Although homogeneous granites can be visually very similar, they will never be identical in detail.
Beauty, elegance, robustness,… have been indisputable concepts which have always been associated with granite.
4 DIVERSITY: A WIDE OFFER WITH DIFFERENT TEXTURES, COLOURS AND FINISHES
Due to the different formation conditions of the different ornamental rocks considered granite in the commercial sector, we find a wide range of granites on offer, both textures and colours:
We have grey, beige, white, pink, red, black, bluish colours, but there are also more exotic varieties in yellow, green, etc. They also vary in texture, with a range of grain sizes from small to very large, and distribution of the components, which can be homogeneous, “with movement”, etc.
In addition, the same granite with different surface finishes offers very different aspects, including variation in tonality, which allows numerous combinations.
5 THE POSSIBILITY OF CUSTOMIZED FORMATS
The sizing and design of the pieces become a key piece to give a work a contemporary design or a more classic design. The granite offers the possibility of large formats, special shapes, etc.
Precisely the wide range of textures, colours and finishes, together with the design and dimensioning of the pieces, confirms that granite is a material that adapts to any style.
6 UNBEATABLE TECHNICAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Low water absorption and porosity, which makes it the best option, even in baseboards.
- High mechanical resistance to wear, scratch and impact.
- Heat resistant
- With the appropriate surface finish, safe against slippage, low or no sensitivity to accidental staining, etc.
- High durability, an invaluable feature for outdoor use. This is undoubtedly another of the most recognized characteristics of granite.
7 EASY MAINTENANCE AND LOW COST
Low porosity makes this material very hygienic which is easy to clean and only needs a few cheap maintenance tasks.
8 ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY
- Non-polluting, 100% reusable.
- Lower contribution to global warming (carbon footprint) than many other competing products. According to a comparative study carried out by the CTG, for example, granite tiles used in pavements in interiors are much less shocking in the category of Carbon footprint (see post 16/02/2017) than other competing materials such as vinyl floors, porcelain tiles or ceramic tiles. The use of multi-threaded machines in block sawing, such as those in our facilities, allows halving energy consumption compared to other traditional sawing technologies.
The key to success in the use of granite is an adequate selection of material and surface finish, as well as a correct placement.
Do you need more reasons? Click on “products” on the web EuroCKP and choose your granite.
Nuria Sánchez Delgado
Doctor in Geology
CENTRO TECNOLÓXICO DO GRANITO DE GALICIA